Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sundays are for Sewing!

Man, I'm having fun this weekend!  Yesterday was a nice mix of card making and knitting (and some organizing or my knitting bags!) while I finished watching Mad Men on Netflix in preparation for Season 5 at the end of March.  Today I stuck to my plan and tackled making some place mats and matching napkins (with rings!).

My friend Skully and I found the fabrics at Joann's while we were waiting for our friend Bookie to finish walking her Grand-dog Porter on Friday night.  (For those of you how don't know my "street name", I'm Cookie - named after the fact that all of my pets are named after brands of cookies).


So I took this afternoon to sew my heart out and here's the outcome - two placemats with two sets of napkins to change up the theme as my mood changes.  I'm pretty happy with the results, but think I need to find some cute buttons to top off the napkin rings.  I probably should machine quilt the place mats, but haven't built up my confidence to do that yet.  (Maybe next weekend!).

1 comment:

  1. Oh, those are adorable! I sewed today too, finishing the second Feb. quilt block. One of these days I'll bring my machine to your place and we can sew together.

    ReplyDelete